IAPPC Training Standards for Specialised Courses
In order to be recognised as a specialised post-graduate training course in the field of psychotherapy each course must satisfy the standards laid down from time to time by the Standards Board in consultation with the Primary Care Advisory Board.
In brief the current standards/criteria for courses provide that:
- the course must be of post-graduate standard and of at least 3/4 years duration;
- the course must be recognised or in the process of achieving recognition by the appropriate national authority for educational and training awards (HETAC) or its equivalent ie an accredited university
- the course must in the future include or have undertaken to include, modules on primary care, multi-disciplinary team work and the medical model of care.
- entry to the course must be strictly for graduates (or equivalent) only.
Detailed standards/criteria are available from the Association. Send an email to: email@example.com
Recognised training courses in Psychotherapy
The following courses are currently recognised by the IAPPC for the purposes of professional accreditation:
- St Vincents Hospital Dublin (UCD) Masters in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Trinity College Dublin, Masters in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Trinity College Dublin MSc Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Clanwilliam Institute Dublin. MSc (HETAC) in Systemic Psychotherapy
- Tivoli Institute Dublin and Galway/ Sheffield University, Professional Programme in Psychotherapy and MSc in Psychotherapy.
- Turning Point/Dublin City University, Graduate Diploma/ MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy
- University of Limerick MA in Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherap
- Queens University Belfast MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- University College Cork Masters in Psychotherapy.
- Childrens Therapy Centre, Westmeath. Diploma in Play Therapy and Psychotherapy and Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy.
It should be noted that successful completion of a recognised training course does not in itself automatically guarantee accreditation by the IAPPC.